Sutton Lane Allotment Society - Management Policy Document 05 - Equal Opportunities Policy
To be read in conjunction with Clause 14 of the SLAS Constitution and Rules as amended at the 2017 AGM.
Sutton Lane Allotment Society recognises that every member has a contribution to make to the Society and the right to an equal opportunity to make their contribution.
1) No member or related agency will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment);
- race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin);
- sexual orientation;
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief;
2) We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and harassment through the following:
3) Our commitment:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All members and related agencies will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Membership will be open to all.
- Selection for volunteering or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
- All members will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential. The talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the benefits to the Society.
- All members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report any incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of members to a member of the management Committee.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our members and related agencies are recognised and valued.
- Every member and related agency are entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Breaches of this Equality Policy could lead to membership disqualification.
- This policy is fully supported by the Society's Committee and has been agreed by the membership at the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
- The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all members.