Sutton Lane Allotment Society - Management Policy Document 02 - Bonfire Management
To be read in conjunction with Clause 12.13 of the SLAS Constitution and Rules as amended at the 2017 AGM.
Bonfire Management Procedures
- Bonfires will be permitted to be set between the months 1st October and 31st April.
- Bonfires will only be set between the hours of 15.00 hrs and 20.00 hrs.
- Bonfires will be located at the centre of a member’s plot to maximize the distance between the fire and an adjoining member’s plot or structures.
- Bonfires must always be attended by the member and be accompanied by suitable equipment to extinguish the fire should it become a hazard to the adjacent plots.
- Bonfires should only be set using materials found on the members plot, bringing materials to site to burn is not permitted.
- Bonfires must not be set in high winds i.e. winds over 15 knots or Force 4 on the Beaufort scale (information available on most weather forecasting apps).
- Failure to comply with any of the above noted rules will result in the enactment of the Societies Non-compliance Procedure. MPD 04.